What's Underneath? (#16)

Many years ago, someone (who shall remain nameless) did the unspeakable.  She, in a moment of “fun” snatched the hat from the head of a friend.

The sight which greeted everyone was equally unspeakable and caused much laughter.  Oh, the thoughtlessness of youth!

But this anecdote, amusing as it is, should drive us to question what is underneath the façade we present to the public gaze.

We may be skilled artistes, or other professionals, but who are we underneath?  Are our lives guided by what I call the intangibles - the moral values such as integrity, honesty, compassion, etc.?

These values add depth to what we do.  So we are not just talented money-making machines, but people with heart and soul.

I like what 1Corinthians 13:1, 2 (Good News Translation) says:

“I may be able to speak the languages of human beings and even of angels, but if I have no love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell. I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains—but if I have no love, I am nothing.” (And you can read the rest of the chapter!)

Hopefully a love for God is really underneath our gifts and talents.  This will be seen in our ministry to others.    

                                               

©Kerina Hall

By the way, I encourage you to visit "His World Digital" - a blog with which I am affiliated.  Happy Reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings