Call Him By His Name! (#132)



“His name is Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Why don’t you call Him by His name?”

A chorus we once sang regularly here in Barbados.  I will admit, however, I haven’t heard it in a long while!

I think it is important as a Gospel artiste that some reference to God or Jesus is present in my songs.

There are so many “gods” out there that there must be no doubt which God I worship.  He is too important and has done so much for me to be ignored in my work.

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that other religious artistes, for example, those of the Rastafarian persuasion, are not shy about boldly proclaiming their god Selassie.

It’s throughout their music; from Bob Marley to the present generation.

Why should we as Christians have a no-name God?

Let’s be bold and call Him by His name – Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!


©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings