Living the Crucified Life (#147)


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

The events of the past days (Easter season) have made me reflect on the whole subject of suffering.

And well it should.  I have been reminded of the greatest act of suffering and redemption known to man – the Passion of Jesus Christ.

Were it not for the resurrection it would have been in vain.  Thank God Jesus rose again and completed this mission – the salvation of mankind.

As Christians we also face suffering and persecution at various levels, in various ways.
Having been to quite a few funerals recently, I am acutely aware that we are not immune to the sad realities of life.

Yet in spite of it all we are still able to cope; we live the crucified life with Jesus and get strength by the “faith of the Son of God” – the ever-living, ever-loving One.


©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings