Procrastination (#28)

"But forgetting 'The Forgotten Melody' 
the crime of the century"
                           
                    from the poem Legacy Musicale
                                                         by Kerina Hall


"Just because it's called "The Forgotten Melody" doesn't mean that you forget to practise it!" 

The strident tones of my piano teacher striking my ear as I strike more than a few wrong notes, trying to play classical composer Albert Loeschorn's "Forgotten Melody."

I must admit, it wasn't one of my favourite pieces, so I probably put off practising it. Wrong move!

That's the result of procrastination: mistakes!

Thankfully, I've learnt my lesson.  ( Now I just need to learn when to stop practising!)

However, for  musicians, artistes, practise is the key.  And this applies to anyone interested in perfecting his or her craft.  You must practise consistently.  Somehow repetition helps to make a difficult piece of music easier.  This is especially true if you break it into parts, and deal with the more difficult areas first.

Procrastination must therefore be your enemy, never your friend.   Many have regretted delaying important things  and have suffered as a result.  For example, some illnesses could have been treated had they been caught  in the early stages. 

So the time to stop this bad habit is now.  Start immediately to pay attention to what you have been putting off and take action now!

As it relates to your soul's salvation - the time to act is now.  As the song says  "Tomorrow may be too late." 

You know, I would really like to play the "Forgotten Melody" after all this time.  The thing is I've forgotten it!


©Kerina Hall






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings