VSA: Voluntary Spiritual Amnesia (#122)



This year 2014 I hereby make a resolution to…make no resolutions!

Hi there.  With that curious, yet profound remark, I welcome you to the New Year and all that it holds.

I must confess.  Like you, I’ve tended not to keep resolutions made at the beginning of the year.

But, should that stop us from setting goals?  It really shouldn’t.  We all need to improve in various areas of our lives.  And, we all know what they are!

But, here’s a verse of Scripture which has always been inspiring and beneficial to me.  Incidentally, I was reminded about it by a friend on facebook.  Here it goes:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13, 14).

So, in this case I resolve…to have “Voluntary Spiritual Amnesia” (VSA) when it comes to certain aspects of the past year.

You should too!

Here’s wishing you a happy, prosperous, fulfilling, blessed, adventurous 2014!

©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings