May the Source Be With You (#45)


“I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich.” (Genesis 14:22).
A declaration of independence?  This is unashamed acknowledgement by Abraham that the source of his help was God Almighty.

I was impacted anew by these verses during one of my husband’s messages entitled, “Believing God: the Life of Abraham.”

I am always thrilled by these verses, and often repeat the following in my devotion time:  “I lift up my hands to the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth and acknowledge You alone as my source.

God, I like to think is pleased with a declaration such as this.  It is saying that you recognize that He alone is responsible for your success.  Indeed, “For in him we live, and move, and have our being…” (Acts17:28).

So, may the Source (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit) be with you today and always.

©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings