God on Display: Shelly Ann Testifies! (#24)




"I trust not in the wisdom of man but in the power of God.  What man does or says is nothing to me. I believe in somebody higher and He helped me to come out here today.  He gave me the strength and I worked really hard.  He saw how hard I worked and He rewarded me tonight and I have to give Him thanks." (Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce)

Yes! God was on display at the Olympic Games in the stirring testimony of Shelly Ann Fraser, Women’s 100m champion.  A young lady with a smile that lit up her face and warmed our hearts.

In a previous post, I spoke about the importance of passion (see post “Live life With Passion" June16, 2012) and this was evident in Shelly Ann's performance as well as in the delivery and content of her testimony after her amazing win.

In a nutshell, her formula for success would appear to be:

              1. Rely on what God says.

              2. Disregard the naysayers, soothsayers, and detractors.

              3. Work hard and allow God to reward.

Also, I would add that she had a great support team of friends, family and her church, not to mention her coach, etc.

Mention must also be made of Usain Bolt's electrifying win.  His race was the most anticipated event.  This was indeed an inspiring win.

What is interesting is the fact that both he and Shelly Ann did not have perfect starts, but were able to accelerate to the front of the pack, thereby proving that it's not only how you start but how you end.

Congrats to all our Caribbean athletes for not only giving us a presence at the Olympics but doing us proud!


©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings