From Elimination to Illumination (#161)


“All the way my Savior leads me,
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?”

             
- Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)

Those of you who have been my regular readers will know that I am a lover of contemporary songs, and that I also love hymns.

I guess you can never get away from your past, can you?  I grew up hearing and loving the hymns of the Church.

“All the Way My Savior Leads Me” is one of those hymns I love!

The words are beautiful…and the message is so true!

I can truly attest to the fact of God’s leading in my life.  And one of the ways He leads is by the process of elimination – a divine “No” to some of my requests.

The doors which He has closed I have accepted, knowing that He knows best.

But, the doors He has opened have brought illumination and knowledge about the direction in which He wants me to go.

And, the thing is, when God opens a door, very often He flings it wide open, so there is no mistaking His will.

I take that as a divine “Yes!”

I like when He does that – brings me from elimination to illumination!


©Kerina Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Life

God's Action File!

Of Panic, Prayer, Prophecy, and Promptings